ANM News has journalists on the ground in Mississippi following the big stories and every day news. If there is new legislation pending, you can read about it here. We are here to inform, communicate and share information with all readers.
The Magnolia State has 82 counties and is largely a rural state, with agricultural areas dominated by industrial farms and the state’s catfish aquaculture farms produce the majority of farm-raised catfish consumed in the United States.
Here’s a brief look at Mississippi media, politics, and grassroots.
Mississippi has many different top-rated talk radio stations, below are a few:
Government & Grassroots
- Mississippi Republican Party
- United Conservatives Fund
- Conservative Review Scorecard – Mississippi
- Americans for Prosperity – Mississippi Chapter
- Mississippi Legislature
- Mississippi House
- House Committee Listing
- Speaker of the House: Philip Gunn (R)
- Speaker Pro Tempore: Greg Snowden (R)
- Mississippi Senate
- Senate Committee Listing
- President of the Senate: Tate Reeves (R)
- President Pro Tempore: Giles Ward (R)
- Judicial Branch
- Executive Branch
- Governor: Phil Bryant (R)
- Lieutenant Governor: Tate Reeves (R)
- Secretary of State: Delbert Hosemann (R)
- Attorney General: Jim Hood (D)
- State Auditor: Stacey Pickering (R)
- Treasurer: Lynn Fitch (R)
- Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce: Cindy Hyde-Smith (R)
- Commissioner of Insurance: Mike Chaney (R)
- United States House of Representatives
- United States Senators
Below you will find all of the stories and news related to the great state of Mississippi.
ANM Mississippi is a forum where readers can come together and learn how the news of the day relates to the larger story of developing strategies for Mississippi’s future. We hope to inspire discussion that leads to better understanding but also, more importantly, good solutions.
Education, Government Spending and Taxes, Transparency and Ethics, Public Safety, Entitlement Reform, Social and Cultural Issues, Economic Development, Job Creation, and the political action that attempts to influence the way Mississippi works through the problems associated with each–it’s all going on here.
Communicate. Learn. Vote.
If you have any story tips or questions regarding Mississippi politics, please email us at MS@anmnews.com.
- PLUNKETT: A top-tier presidential candidate is coming to the state. Where’s the Mississippi Republican Party?
- Ted Cruz to campaign with Chris McDaniel in Mississippi
- WILSON: Why even try?
- Mississippi: In praise of courageous leaders
- MCDANIEL: Pursuing life, liberty and happiness
- TAPP: How Conservatives can overcome division to win
- Attack on the Fourth Amendment: Four Fascists in the Mississippi House Embarrass the State
- US Rep. Alan Nunnelee sent home after new tumor discovered
- Senator Chris McDaniel launches 'United Conservatives Fund', will discuss future political plans on five-city tour
- MCDANIEL: Restraining Presidential Power: Executive Orders
- Chris McDaniel doubling down on hard work despite attacks
- Mississippi Senator Chris McDaniel releases statement on National Religious Freedom Day
- PRESS RELEASE: Wesley Wilson declares his candidacy for the Republican Primary in Mississippi’s 62nd House District
- MCDANIEL: The Failure of Obamanomics
- Mississippi's Chris McDaniel calls on lawmakers to oust Speaker John Boehner
- It's time to take the Republican Party back from men like Scalise and Boehner
- *UPDATED* 19-year-old girl burned alive in Panola County, Mississippi
- Mississippi Lt. Governor Tate Reeves flip flops on Common Core
- A Historic Effort: Defending the Chris McDaniel Campaign
- Chris McDaniel has New Life to his Challenge of Thad Cochran’s Tainted Victory
- Game Changer in Mississippi? Childers becomes first Democrat to sign anti-amnesty pledge.
- Watch LIVE: Mississippi Supreme Court set to hear Chris McDaniel challenge
- Remembering Mississippi
- Will we miss our opportunity to show Conservatism in practice?
- Mississippi Personnel Board Director denies allegations that Gov. Bryant influenced rejection of #CommonCore testing contract.
- Reality over rhetoric is a winning message.
Featured Journalists / Columnists
(* Columnists are NOT employed by or on staff at ANM News and their opinions and views are strictly their own)
Our Mississippi Partners