Brad Paisley’s Politically Incorrect SongPosted by J Craig on April 8, 2013
Country superstar Brad Paisley has a new song titled, “Accidental Racist” featuring LL Cool J that has many up in arms over it. The song touches on wearing Red Flags and embracing Southern Pride, but not judging a book by its cover. It also talks about embracing where one comes from, but not judging those because of actions performed in the past. Paisley addresses the song with Entertainment Weekly and says:
“At this point, after all these albums and all these hits, I have no interest in phoning it in, and I think that [the song] comes from an honest place in both cases, and that’s why it’s on there and why I’m so proud of it. This isn’t a stunt. This isn’t something that I just came up with just to be sort of shocking or anything like that. I knew it would be, but I’m sort of doing it in spite of that, really.”
Huffington Post claims the song will probably make you ‘cringe’. Does it offend you?
Listen to the song below:
Offensive or not?
Latest posts by J Craig (see all)
- Refugee Resettlement is terrorizing America - February 13, 2016
- Election Day 2015 - November 3, 2015
- Cincinnati-area ER nurses stuck in Hurricane Patricia’s path - October 23, 2015
- NYPD officer killed in East Harlem shooting - October 21, 2015
- Sen. Cruz questions Sierra Club president on climate change - October 9, 2015