BREAKING: Two NYPD Officers are shot in the BronxPosted by Mona Salama on January 6, 2015
BRONX, N.Y. — Two NYPD Officers were shot and wounded Monday night at approximately 10:30 p.m. in the Fordham section of the Bronx.
The shooting comes just one day after Detective Wenjian Liu’s funeral.
The officers were responding to a robbery call.
The officers attempted to pull over the suspects but they refused to stop until it crashed. That’s when the suspects opened fire on the officers, then fled on foot. A revolver was recovered at the scene.
The injured officers, one shot in the arm and the other shot in the back, were rushed to St. Barnabas Hospital. Both officers are listed in stable condition, and their injuries are not life threatening.
Police are still looking for the suspects and the NYPD is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the perpetrators.
Stay with ANM News for updates on this developing story.
Latest posts by Mona Salama (see all)
- Marco Rubio launches 2016 Presidential bid - April 16, 2015
- Rand Paul’s 2016 Presidential announcement - April 9, 2015
- Top Senate Democrat Harry Reid announces retirement in 2016 - March 27, 2015
- Ted Cruz becomes first major candidate announcing 2016 presidency bid - March 23, 2015
- Hillary Clinton finally breaks her silence and meets with press on email controversy - March 12, 2015