Florida police officer, former NYPD, Charles Kondek was fatally shot in FloridaPosted by Editorial Staff on December 21, 2014
TARPON SPRINGS — A Tarpon Springs police officer was shot and killed overnight, and a man identified as a transient has been charged with first-degree murder, authorities said.
Veteran officer Charles “Charlie K” Kondek was fatally shot sometime after 2 a.m. near 199 Grand Blvd., a few blocks from the city’s Sponge Docks. He was a father of five and former New York City policeman.
The Tarpon Springs Police Department released the officer’s name on its Facebook page around 11:15 a.m., saying “our hearts and prayers go out to the Kondek Family and our deepest sympathy.”
Latest posts by Editorial Staff (see all)
- Kentucky County’s proposed Intl. Code Ordinance intrusive, tramples property rights - January 11, 2016
- Kentuckians are looking at Matt Bevin for Governor - October 29, 2015
- Planned Parenthood Texas Doc: Harvesting intact fetal heads “will give me something to strive for” - October 27, 2015
- Mississippi Senator McDaniel releases statement on Boehner resignation - September 25, 2015
- Ted Cruz to campaign with Chris McDaniel in Mississippi - August 8, 2015