Gubernatorial Candidate Matt Bevin is who Kentucky voters are standing withPosted by Editorial Staff on May 8, 2015
Parents should be especially concerned with the federal government’s role in pushing Common Core on our teachers and students. Federal law prohibits the Department of Education from setting specific content standards, but using the Race to the Top program, the federal government has enticed many states to adopt the Common Core and develop curriculum and assessments aligned to the Common Core. Parents should also be disturbed by the efforts of the Department of Education and the Department of Labor—in connection with Common Core —to begin collecting large amounts of personal information on students from their pre-school years through their entry into the workforce. This is extremely dangerous for the privacy of American schoolchildren.
Please, I encourage you to vote for Matt Bevin on May 19th.
Latest posts by Editorial Staff (see all)
- Kentucky County’s proposed Intl. Code Ordinance intrusive, tramples property rights - January 11, 2016
- Kentuckians are looking at Matt Bevin for Governor - October 29, 2015
- Planned Parenthood Texas Doc: Harvesting intact fetal heads “will give me something to strive for” - October 27, 2015
- Mississippi Senator McDaniel releases statement on Boehner resignation - September 25, 2015
- Ted Cruz to campaign with Chris McDaniel in Mississippi - August 8, 2015