Here are the countries who recognize Palestine as a statePosted by Jonas Christensen on December 11, 2014
The way we look at the Israel and Palestine conflict in the Western World has changed. Normally Europe, Australia and North America supported Israel, while developing countries supported Palestine. This is not the case anymore.
135 countries recognize Palestine as a state
Two years ago, only Iceland from Western Europe supported a Palestinian state. Today Sweden does as well, and probably Ireland will follow them. Fact is, that over 70% of the members of UN supports a Palestinian State, and about 80% of the worlds population supports it.
This year Spain, the United Kingdom, Ireland and France have made non-binding agreements of supporting a Palestinian state. The agreements made by Spain, France and the United Kingdom are more symbolic, whereas the Ireland agreement shows that they are on the edge of actually recognizing Palestine as a state.
Israel is finding it hard to negotiate with the Palestinian National Authority because of the continuing threat of Hamas. Moreover, they do not understand that countries choose to support terrorists instead of democracy.
Latest posts by Jonas Christensen (see all)
- Terror in Denmark: 2 persons killed – 3 wounded - February 15, 2015
- Famous Muhammad Illustrator is raising money for freedom of speech - January 9, 2015
- Mosque leader: “I hope ISIS wins the war” - January 7, 2015
- Young Danish couple attacked by Muslims on Christmas evening - December 26, 2014
- Russian soldier died in a war that does not exist - December 22, 2014