KY Gubernatorial Candidate Matt Bevin responds to attacks from Democrat GovernorsPosted by Editorial Staff on February 24, 2015
On Tuesday, Matt Bevin responded to attacks from Democrat Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear and the Democratic Governor’s Association (DGA), the political arm of the remaining 18 Democrat governors in America.
Shortly after unveiling his “Blueprint for a Better Kentucky”, a detailed plan to bring jobs and economic opportunity to Kentucky, Matt Bevin drew fire from Beshear and the DGA for his call to stop the implementation of Obamacare in Kentucky.
“The Medicaid expansion is simply unaffordable for the taxpayers of Kentucky,” said Matt Bevin. “We need a Governor who has the leadership ability to solve the problems we face as Kentuckians and to bring jobs and economic opportunity to our Commonwealth.
“Yesterday I offered a detailed ‘Blueprint for a Better Kentucky‘ and I challenged the other candidates in the race, on both sides of the aisle, to do the same. It is clear that my solutions have ruffled the feathers of the Democrat Governors. I am happy to lead the fight for a more fiscally responsible plan in the general election and, if elected Governor, I will begin enacting these much needed reforms on day one.”
Last week, Matt Bevin was the only Republican candidate for Governor who criticized Attorney General Jack Conway’s failure to participate in the coalition of 26 states that took on President Obama’s unconstitutional executive action on Amnesty.
Latest posts by Editorial Staff (see all)
- Kentucky County’s proposed Intl. Code Ordinance intrusive, tramples property rights - January 11, 2016
- Kentuckians are looking at Matt Bevin for Governor - October 29, 2015
- Planned Parenthood Texas Doc: Harvesting intact fetal heads “will give me something to strive for” - October 27, 2015
- Mississippi Senator McDaniel releases statement on Boehner resignation - September 25, 2015
- Ted Cruz to campaign with Chris McDaniel in Mississippi - August 8, 2015