Matt Bevin’s message continues to resonate with Kentucky votersPosted by Editorial Staff on April 12, 2015
Our nation was founded on principles of individual liberty, limited government, and constitutional principles. Bloated government is not unique to the federal level – we need to shrink the size of government at the state level in Kentucky through efforts that remove redundancy and waste throughout every department. And this is exactly what Matt Bevin pledges he will do.
It’s time for a Governor who will deal with Kentucky’s unfunded pension liabilities that are in excess of $20 billion and, based on more realistic actuarial assumptions, likely more than double that amount. Continuing to ignore the problem is a threat to public safety, education and other viable government services.
Also, as federal overreach in our education system has grown, positive outcomes have diminished. We need to end the monopoly that exists in Kentucky’s school system by supporting school choice and school vouchers. It’s time to stop Common Core and its “one size fits all” approach.
For these and many other reasons, our votes are reserved for Matt Bevin to be the next Governor of our Commonwealth. Vote for Matt on May 19th!
Nick & Christy Bell
Dry Ridge, Kentucky
Latest posts by Editorial Staff (see all)
- Kentucky County’s proposed Intl. Code Ordinance intrusive, tramples property rights - January 11, 2016
- Kentuckians are looking at Matt Bevin for Governor - October 29, 2015
- Planned Parenthood Texas Doc: Harvesting intact fetal heads “will give me something to strive for” - October 27, 2015
- Mississippi Senator McDaniel releases statement on Boehner resignation - September 25, 2015
- Ted Cruz to campaign with Chris McDaniel in Mississippi - August 8, 2015