News Anchor Battling Brain Cancer Tells Viewers He Only Has 6 Months to LivePosted by J Craig on September 15, 2014
Illinois news anchor Dave Benton with WCIA-3 News out of Champagne made a major on-air announcement recently that he only has four to six months to live due to his brain cancer returning and the growth of the tumor being too large to operate. His positive attitude is unbelievable and should be encouraging for anyone experiencing a difficult situation such as this. Benton, 51, has been with WCIA-3 News for almost nine years and informed viewers on live television on his latest update.
“I’m dedicated to keep working. I’ll be here bringing you the news as long as I am able. I’m grateful for the outpouring of support, prayers and cards. It’s meant the world to me. It’s changed my life.”
Benton, a born-again Christian, revealed that his doctors had told him that he has just four to six months left to live. He has had a yearlong battle with brain cancer and completed radiation treatment in February, but a new tumor grew back.
“I believe that I am in God’s hands, I’m at peace and I know that he’s going to take care of the days ahead and the goal is to have the best ones possible.”
Latest posts by J Craig (see all)
- Refugee Resettlement is terrorizing America - February 13, 2016
- Election Day 2015 - November 3, 2015
- Cincinnati-area ER nurses stuck in Hurricane Patricia’s path - October 23, 2015
- NYPD officer killed in East Harlem shooting - October 21, 2015
- Sen. Cruz questions Sierra Club president on climate change - October 9, 2015