School shooting reported at Washington state high schoolPosted by J Craig on October 24, 2014
Marysville, Wash. – A shooting has been reported near Seattle at Marysville-Pilchuck High School.
Shots were fired at approximately 10:45 am. Gunman shot and wounded six students, then took his own life.
CNN affiliate KIRO-TV in Seattle showed police cars and ambulances outside the school. Aerial shots showed students running out of the buildings, many with their arms up.
The Marysville Pilchuck High School is on lockdown.
Medeana Johnson, the mother of a boy who is a junior at the school, told KIRO that her son said a boy opened fire near the cafeteria. She said her son told her he was supposed to be in the cafeteria but stopped to chat with someone and so didn’t go in.
The Marysville School District released the following statement:
“The Marysville Pilchuck High School is currently in lock down due to an emergency situation. Police and emergency services have responded. The Marysville School District lock down procedures will remain in effect at Marysville Pilchuck until further notice from law enforcement. We will continue to forward communication in cooperation with law enforcement.”
Latest posts by J Craig (see all)
- Refugee Resettlement is terrorizing America - February 13, 2016
- Election Day 2015 - November 3, 2015
- Cincinnati-area ER nurses stuck in Hurricane Patricia’s path - October 23, 2015
- NYPD officer killed in East Harlem shooting - October 21, 2015
- Sen. Cruz questions Sierra Club president on climate change - October 9, 2015