‘The Voice’ Viewers & Blake Shelton Furious After ‘Lord’ Removed From Gospel SongPosted by Editorial Staff on December 6, 2013
Sometimes, a slight change in lyrics — especially when it’s only one word — isn’t a big deal. But on ‘The Voice’ Tuesday night (Nov. 26), the show’s viewers and coach Blake Shelton got all riled up when the word ‘Lord’ was removed, changed to simply ‘oh.’
The Top 8 contestants performed the gospel song ‘Will the Circle Be Unbroken?’ backed by Seattle’s Starbucks Chorus, a vocal group that raises money for local charities. But in the midst of their performance, the words were swapped, which caused the Twitterverse to explode with complaints from riled up viewers.
But those watching weren’t the only ones questioning the decision — Shelton himself also voiced his concerns on the matter. “I don’t know what, uh — how it happened, or — I’m learning about it just like you guys are,” Shelton tells Zap2it. “I was sitting in my chair singing that song how I grew up on it, with ‘in the sky, Lord, in the sky.’ I sang it as loud as I could. And that might be why I didn’t realize until after the fact that ‘Lord’ was either taken out, or it was just performed some other way.”
Read more about this story here.
Latest posts by Editorial Staff (see all)
- Kentucky County’s proposed Intl. Code Ordinance intrusive, tramples property rights - January 11, 2016
- Kentuckians are looking at Matt Bevin for Governor - October 29, 2015
- Planned Parenthood Texas Doc: Harvesting intact fetal heads “will give me something to strive for” - October 27, 2015
- Mississippi Senator McDaniel releases statement on Boehner resignation - September 25, 2015
- Ted Cruz to campaign with Chris McDaniel in Mississippi - August 8, 2015