Watch LIVE: Mississippi Supreme Court set to hear Chris McDaniel challengePosted by J Craig on October 2, 2014
JACKSON, MS –The Mississippi Supreme Court is set to hear Chris McDaniel’s election challenge Thursday morning at 10 am cst.
It’s not clear when justices will rule.
A circuit judge dismissed McDaniel’s lawsuit in August, saying the McDaniel campaign waited too long to challenge the results of the June 24 primary runoff. The judge agreed with Cochran’s attorneys, who cited a 1959 state Supreme Court ruling that a candidate must file a challenge within 20 days. McDaniel waited 41.
McDaniel’s attorneys say state law was rewritten in the 1980s and doesn’t specify a deadline.
Cochran won the runoff by 7,667 votes. McDaniel claims the election was tainted by voting irregularities.
Watch the hearing LIVE here.
Mobile users can watch the live stream here: http://shout.lt/GkQb
UPDATE: Watch the hearing recorded here.
Latest posts by J Craig (see all)
- Refugee Resettlement is terrorizing America - February 13, 2016
- Election Day 2015 - November 3, 2015
- Cincinnati-area ER nurses stuck in Hurricane Patricia’s path - October 23, 2015
- NYPD officer killed in East Harlem shooting - October 21, 2015
- Sen. Cruz questions Sierra Club president on climate change - October 9, 2015