Yemen’s Al-Qaeda threatens to kill US hostagePosted by J Craig on December 4, 2014
An Al-Qaeda affiliate in Yemen has threatened an American hostage on Wednesday as a video was obtained by the SITE Intelligence Group.
SITE, which monitors terror sites obtained a video featuring 33-year-old Luke Somers, an American British-born photojournalist. Somers was kidnapped in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, in September 2013.
Washington Post reports:
Luke Somers, 33, was abducted in September 2013 on a busy street in the Yemeni capital of Sanaa. He had been trying to make money by doing freelance photography and other work in Yemen before his abduction, friends said.
Last week, U.S. Special Operation forces and Yemeni troops attempted to free Somers, who was being held in a remote part of the country, but they narrowly missed him, U.S. officials said. The joint force managed to save several hostages, including some Yemenis, but Somers apparently had been moved.
Somers appears at the end of the video below with glasses and a button down shirt and makes a 30-second statement pleading for help.
So as I sit here now, I ask if anything can be done, please let it be done. Thank you very much.
Latest posts by J Craig (see all)
- Refugee Resettlement is terrorizing America - February 13, 2016
- Election Day 2015 - November 3, 2015
- Cincinnati-area ER nurses stuck in Hurricane Patricia’s path - October 23, 2015
- NYPD officer killed in East Harlem shooting - October 21, 2015
- Sen. Cruz questions Sierra Club president on climate change - October 9, 2015